Saturday, July 2, 2011

Steak Salad.


Steak Salad has never been at the top of my list. Today I decided to change that. And it worked! I think the key is in having really good steak and a simple, yet amazing salad under it.  Here’s my recipe.
Steak Salad
  • boneless New York Strip Steaks
  • steak seasoning*
  • mixed greens
  • handful of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
  • green onion, chopped
  • bleu cheese crumbles, to taste
  • mixed Greek olives, to taste
* I use a fabulous dry-aged steak rub from my favorite grocery. It’s a mix of sea salt, ground black pepper, and spices.  Any steak seasoning that brings out the flavor of the meat will work.
Season both sides of the steak liberally and grill to your liking. (I’m a medium girl.) While the steak is on the grill, prepare plates with the salad.  Cover plate with mixed greens.  Add a few grape tomato halves, a sprinkle of green onion, bleu cheese, and a few mixed olives.  When the steak is cooked, slice it and add a few pieces to each salad.
You’ll notice there is no dressing on this salad, nor is there anything sweet in it. The olives and bleu cheese add a savory, tangy flavor that accompanies the meat perfectly. Anything more would be a distraction. Serve with fresh baguette and real butter. Mmmm.
That’s it. Simple. Fresh. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment