Friday, July 15, 2011

Bread on the Side.

I love bread. In fact, I love bread more than I love leeks, so that's saying something.  For this quick side, I used bakery-purchased ciabatta rolls and a few toppings from my fridge.  Personalize it to your liking and you can have a different taste every time!

  • ciabatta rolls, sliced and then halved
  • fresh mozzarella slices
  • fresh basil
  • tomato slices
  • sea salt & fresh ground pepper
  • butter
  • leek, thinly sliced
Set oven to low broil. I made 4 slices of each variety:
Variety 1: Place a slice of fresh mozzarella covering most of the bread slice.
Variety 2: Spread bread slice with butter. Salt & pepper each slice and sprinkle with leek slices.

Place bread slices under broiler until just brown.  Remove and add a leaf of basil and a slice of tomato to the mozzarella bread.  That's all - except for maybe having to make more when it disappears from the table!

Extraordinarily easy and proof that with a few simple ingredients, you can prepare healthy, tasty recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment