Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Nicoise Salad.


When traveling in France, I enjoyed authentic Nicoise salads almost every day.  A local French bakery, Chez Arnaud serves a delicious Nicoise here at home.  I set out to create my own recipe, with a dressing that closely matches the flavor I have come to love, but without the anchovies.
Dressing (makes enough for 4 salads)
  • 3 T olive oil
  • 2 T lemon juice
  • 2 T dijon mustard

Salad (ingredients for 1 serving)
  • 2-3 cups mixed greens
  • 8 green beans, cooked
  • 3 small red potatoes, cooked and halved
  • 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
  • 3 ounces tuna
  • 4 to 6 olives, mixed

For dressing, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and mustard. Set aside.  Arrange lettuce on plate or in a bowl.  Top with remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing on the side.


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. The only time I had this salad was at a local coffee house, that is sadly out of business now. They used capers in theirs, perhaps instead of the anchoives? I have never had anchoives before. But I am going to try this recipes. Please come check out my blog, I have a surprise for you. :)

    ReplyDelete