Sunday, January 22, 2012

Olive & Parsley Orzo.

I admit, this may seem like an odd little combination, but we all know that some of our great cooking moments come when we add unlikely ingredients in the same bowl.  And that's how olives and orzo came together.  My first taste-tester was none too sure about this combination, until the spoon hit her mouth - and then she wanted the rest of the bowl for herself!

  • 1/2 box orzo
  • chicken broth
  • 3/4 cup assorted olives, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped

Cook orzo according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for half the cooking water. You could also use a bouillon cube or packet in the water.

Chop olives, onion, & parsley and toss together.  I used a mix of olives I had on hand from the olive bar in my favorite grocery store, green and black, buttery, rich, and intense flavors, all mixed together.

When orzo is cooked, toss the chopped ingredients with the pasta and enjoy!  It's as simple as that!


2 comments:

  1. This is a unique blend of flavors here and I love orzo. I will need to try this. The extra bonus is that it is pretty easy to put together. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orzo and these flavors go perfectly in this dish, nice! Thanks for sharing, looks great! Have a beautiful day =]

    ReplyDelete