Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tomatoes. Again. Grilled.

Tonight's tomatoes were cooked on the grill, in three varieties.  You can put anything you like on top of tomato slices, grill them for a few minutes, and have a colorful, tasty side dish in no time!

Picture first:

 
All started with sliced tomatoes drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.  On six tomato slices, I added fresh Italian parsley and after cooking, were drizzled with balsamic vinegar.  On three slices I added Havarti cheese and a grape that was sliced and rolled in parsley.  On the last three, I placed thin slices of red onion and cilantro.  All three were fabulous, but my vote was with the onion & cilantro first, and Havarti & grape second.

I assembled the tomato slices on a cooling rack that I put directly on the grill. Keep an eye on them while grilling; once they start to pull in around the edges, they are ready to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment